One of the questions I’m asked often by people who are looking into becoming an It Works Distributor is: “Should I choose a sponsor who lives in my local town, or should I choose a sponsor based on their interest in helping me be successful, regardless of where they live?”
That depends, and here’s why. Technology, and how we as a society learn, communicate, network, live, shop, and do business has changed everything!
- Gone are the days when having a home business in Direct Sales or Network Marketing meant “Crunching the Carpet” in strangers living rooms a few nights a week.
- Also gone are the days of coffee shop appointments, and dealing with no-shows. We don’t need a big marketing budget for CD’s, print material, and postage to mail out “information packets.”
- We don’t need to attend countless meetings at hotels for training, or presentations and have to pick up strangers in our cars, and taxi, or chauffeur them in order to get them to go!
Of course these things do still work, but they’re not necessary in order to be wildly successful!
Today, technology truly allows people to have a “home-based business” or beach, or RV-based, or from anywhere you can dream of! We call this a “pay-cation” lifestyle!
What you’re going to learn when you get started will be done through our It Works University & Training Academy that’s online in the private area of your It Works Distributor Website. It consists of a series of videos, and a training manual that walk your through:
- product information,
- how to use the products,
- how to do demonstrations,
- wrap parties,
- how to place orders for yourself, and your customers,
- how to enroll distributors,
- marketing tips & ideas, and
- how you earn income & get paid, and
- about our marketing and compensation plan, including
- how you promote to different leadership positions.
You’ll also have access to live & recorded conference calls, and webinars. Presentations are done live through calls and webinars, and wrap parties… they are most often done through “Facebook Events.”
Through recorded video, audio and print materials you’ll learn:
- how to conduct vendor shows,
- wrap appointments,
- host your own launch parties, wrap parties, or sample parties.
Want to grow your business through social media, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, Periscope, and YouTube?
We have you covered, it’s online, and offered through the It Works 100 Day Social Adventure Training offered in the private area of your Distributor Website!
Your sponsor will:
- direct you where these things are located,
- help you learn how to use them,
- answer your questions,
- provide support, coaching, guidance,
- resources, tools, tips, strategies, and more.
They will do this right over the phone, and when possible (and if you want) through text.
You’ll be free to learn, work, and grow your business around your schedule, and your family’s schedule… from any time zone. All while you’re in your PJ’s (if you wish!) from home, your RV, the beach, a cabin in the mountains, your backyard… wherever you like!
So, Is it Best to Have a Local It Works Sponsor?
I get a phone call about this every… single… day. Sometimes several times a day… No joke! Do I have a local It Works Distributor they can talk with, have that person train them, and work with them.
My advice… Because once you have chosen your sponsor, it can’t be changed. It’s a legal, binding decision.
As your mentor and coach, your sponsor needs to be available to you, and they need to be flexible.
You should be able to reach them by phone, or by text at reasonable times of the day… mid-morning, through early evening.
- It is a must that they be someone who genuinely wants and enjoys helping you.
- They should downright excited about working with you, and helping you become successful, and the best you can become.
- They need to be enthusiastic and passionate about what they do as a Distributor with It Works.
- They need to be committed to It Works.
- They should be working just one home business, and definitely not representing and selling products from multiple companies.
- They should have experience to train you on the concepts of all aspects of this business.
- They should be able to offer guidance, and care enough to help you avoid pitfalls, and things that waste your time, or money.
- You need to feel that you like them, that you can trust them, and that you want to know them as a person. (They need to be able to feel the same about you!)
Their personality, passion, and positivity for their business, and about their life are going to have a direct effect on you, and your business.
Many people are introduced to a Direct Sales or Network Marketing business opportunity through a friend, co-worker, family member, a random person they bump into, or through attending a party, vendor show or networking event. If they decide to become a Distributor sometimes join, or enroll automatically with the person who introduced the business to them.
Sometimes this person is the right person to be our sponsor, and mentor.
Sometimes we find out later, after it’s too late that they…
- Have a different vision, goals, or objectives.
- They aren’t committed, excited, and sincere.
- They don’t return phone calls, or text messages, or are difficult to reach
- They don’t have regular, normal business hours.
- They might be distracted by other business opportunities, and jump from one thing to the next.
All of these things can happen, whether your sponsor is local, or long-distance.
A long distance sponsor might be the right coach to help you get started, and the right mentor to teach you, and knowledgeable in all aspects of the ways you can market and grow your business. Your sponsor can be across the Country from you, or even in a different country and be the right person, who is committed to their business, supportive and helpful to you, and their team.
It’s a business decision, and it’s your decision. Don’t feel badly about making the best choice for you, just in case it’s not the first person, or someone nearby.
A long-distance sponsor has always been the right choice, and the best choice for me! I like my independence, and I like working when and where I want. I don’t want someone stopping by unannounced, or whining, or complaining. I don’t want they feeling that my sponsor needs to “cling” to me in order for them to be successful.
And because we are inter-dependent, and we both have freedom we are close, personal friends. The business doesn’t interfere with our partnership, and our relationship to develop into something amazing!
So please, choose your sponsor wisely, and carefully!
My wish for you is that you make the right choice in a sponsor for you, and that you’ll become super-successful in your It Works Business!
I hope this information is helpful to you!
Want to get more information, and learn if together we are a great match to work together?
Additional Distributor Resources:
- Distributor Starter Kit (PDF Document)
- Distributor Starter Kit (Online Description w/photos)
- How we Make Money (Compensation, Ways we Get Paid)
- It Works Distributor Benefits
- It Works $500 Income Guarantee
- It Works $10,000 GOOD Bonus (Get Out of Debt Bonus)
- Wholesale / Retail Product Price List (PDF Document)
- Product Catalog (Online)
- It Works Steps to Success (PDF Document)
- It Works Steps to Success (Online Description w/photos)
- How to Market Your It Works Business (Find New Customers & Build Your Team)
- How to Choose Your It Works Sponsor (The Person to be Your Coach & Mentor)
- Why the It Works Diamond Wrap Stars Team? (Benefits we Offer Those on Our Team)